Checkit technology continues to support the safe storage of Covid-19 vaccines across the UK as the number of doses delivered exceeds 50 million.
More than 40 vaccine hubs in England, Wales and Scotland are using Checkit’s Connected Automated Monitoring (CAM+) system to ensure vaccines are refrigerated or frozen at the correct temperatures to guarantee their safety and efficacy before being administered.
Connected Automated Monitoring provides 24/7 real-time surveillance of temperature conditions in medical fridges and freezers, via wireless sensors connected to cloud-based data storage. The system provides vaccine coordinators with continuous insight and live alerts.
Mike Hobby, Healthcare Transformation Partner at Checkit, said: “We’re immensely proud to be supporting probably the largest public health initiative the NHS has ever undertaken. We’ve been working closely with healthcare providers all over the UK, responding to their need for new or expanded monitoring capacity. We’re privileged to be able to assist these extraordinary professionals in such an incredibly fast, effective and meticulous programme.”
In May, Public Health England announced that, since the start of the programme in December, 34 million people had been given their first Covid-19 vaccine and 15 million their second, meaning 29% of the population had the strongest possible protection.
PHE estimated that, up to the end of April, the vaccination programme had prevented 11,700 deaths of people aged 60 or over, and at least 33,000 hospitalisations of those aged 65 and over.
In addition to delivering technology services to vaccination hubs, Checkit has also provided monitoring systems for pharmacy and mortuary facilities in eight NHS Nightingale projects, in Barnsley, Basingstoke, Birmingham, London, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and and Rotherham. Lighthouse Laboratories in Glasgow and Berkshire are also benefiting from Checkit technology.
Watch our webinar
The Covid-19 vaccination programme was among the topics we discussed with Sam Quaye, Pharmacy Performance and Business Manager at Barts Health NHS Trust, in our latest Healthcare Conversations webinar. You can watch the webinar on demand here.
Vaccination centres supported by Checkit:
- Aintree Aseptic Services Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Alder Hey COVID Vaccine Freezer
- Barking Havering & Redbridge – Pharmacy Vaccine Hub
- Barts Health Royal London Hospital Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals Vaccine Hub
- Chesterfield Royal Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Countess of Chester Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Countess of Chester Pharmacy Vaccine Hub
- East London NHS trust – Vaccine hub
- Enfys hospital in Bangor for COVID response (Vaccine)
- Guy’s & St Thomas CRF (Clinical Trials)
- Guy’s & St Thomas Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- James Paget Vaccine Hub
- Kings College Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Kings Mill Hospital Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Vaccine Hub
- Llandudno Crymu Venue Vaccine Centre
- London Excel Centre Vaccine Centre
- Newcastle Vaccine Hubs (Darlington)
- Newcastle Vaccine Hubs (Durham)
- Newcastle Vaccine Hubs (Middlesbrough)
- Newcastle Vaccine Hubs (Northumberland)
- Newcastle Vaccine Hubs (Penrith)
- Norfolk & Norwich Hospital Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- North Cumbria University Hospitals Cumberland Infirmary Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Nottingham City Hospital Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Princess Alexandra Hospital Pharmacy Vaccine Clinic
- Princess Royal Hospital Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kings Lynn Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Royal Berkshire Hospital Pharmacy Vaccine Hub
- Salisbury District Hospital Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Salisbury Vaccine Hub
- St James Hospital Leeds Pharmacy Vaccine Hub
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHSFT (Vaccine)
- University Hospitals Birmingham Edgbaston Vaccine Hub
- University Hospitals Birmingham Good Hope Hospital Vaccine Hub
- University Hospitals Birmingham Millennium Point COVID Vaccine Hub
- University Hospitals Birmingham Solihull Vaccine Hub
- University Hospitals Birmingham Villa Park Vaccine Hub
- Winchester Hospital Pharmacy (Vaccine)
- Yeovil District Hospital Pharmacy (Vaccine)