It’s never been easy running the operational side of a Food Service business.
On top of the traditional challenges like high staff turnover and compliance, you’re facing new challenges – like the make-or-break power of online reviews, evolving food preferences and trends, and the big one: minimizing your costs and making sure it’s safe for workers to return in a post-Covid-19 world.
Scroll down to see how Checkit solutions can help you optimize your Food Services operation at such a critical time.
Connected Workflow Management for Food Service
Your people need to be motivated in order to do their best work – and that means being equipped with the right collaboration tools, guided and prompted for processes like food safety checks, and acknowledged when they go the extra mile.
Food Safety (HACCP)
Health & Safety audits
Equipment maintenance routines
- The Connected Workflow Management app transforms your disparate processes into collaborative, user-friendly mobile workflows
- It then puts control of serving your customers in the hands of your well-connected, mobile, front-line staff – allowing collaboration across all your processes
- Real-time alerts and notifications ensure all work gets done accurately and on time, with issues only being escalated by exception to keep management overhead down
- Checkit Cloud provides real-time, multi-site visibility – so you can compare sites and team performance, boost efficiency across the board and deliver a better customer experience
- Bluetooth probes integrate real-time temperature monitoring data with workflow data, ensuring food safety and hygeine standards are being met
Connected Automated Monitoring for Food Service
It’s critical you have real-time oversight and control over your appliances, so you can maintain food safety ratings, save time, ensure regulatory compliance and ultimately – protect your reputation.
Fridge temperature monitoring
- Configurable smart sensors provide 24/7 asset protection, so you avoid costly waste and keep food safe, fresh and ready to serve – including hot hold sensors
- The system will make sure all fridges and chilled cabinets are kept within your pre-set parameters
- Avoid costly call outs with real-time alerts and connected services for remote diagnostics and next-best-action recommendations
- Use your accrued data to create stakeholder visualizations so you can prove performance gains
Connected Building Management for Food Service
Save money, boost productivity and make substantial building efficiency gains year-on-year.
Maintenance / SFG20 workflow + real time alerts
- Get real-time insights into energy, metering, lighting, environment and occupancy across multiple sites
- Integrate existing BEMS installations (or install new ones) with our tech-agnostic cloud platform
- Minimize downtime with service availability reporting and alarming
- Use our reports and analytics to demonstrate compliance and success of your initiatives
A new template for digital progress – learning from the NHS
Digital capabilities have been fast-tracked across the NHS. What can other organisations learn from this rapid transformation?
Three new priorities for organisations after Covid-19
The intense challenges of the current crisis would have been hard to imagine, even just a few weeks ago. But for organisations to survive this ordeal, maintain some degree of continuity and lay the foundations for future resilience, large-scale change must be embraced as a necessity.
How Covid-19 is accelerating digital transformation
The economic shock of the Covid-19 crisis has shaken established structures and norms. Organisations have been forced to rethink their approach from top to bottom – the way they organise their workforce; the way they prioritise workloads; the way they serve the public.
Keeping community pharmacies on our high streets
Using technology to track work processes can bring efficiencies. For example, your pharmacy team could enter checks and actions into digital checklists that are recorded in the Cloud. For the Chief Pharmacist this gives greater real-time visibility.