Location: Fleet / Cambridge
This role is responsible for all IT communications, office infrastructure systems and services maintenance. The Junior IT Support Engineer will act as the technical support for all software and cloud-based services used by the group. The role will involve IT support for servers, desktops, laptops, and other associated IT equipment including telecommunication systems and hardware. The role reports into the IT Manager.
- Respond to IT support calls logged onto the system ensure these are completed within the defined timescales.
- Manage and action the support department escalation process where appropriate action is required ensuring the customer is informed of the process.
- Advise internal stakeholders through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, or via MS Teams to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Set up, configure and maintain PC, laptop and mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems; diagnose and solve hardware or software faults.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Undertake the set-up of new user accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Identify, resolve, and maintain security issues, ensure business continuity requirements/disaster recovery
- Source miscellaneous IT supplies as necessary.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality Standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
You will be a self-motivated, methodical and goal-oriented individual who can adapt to changing priorities. You will have a passion for IT with experience supporting and maintaining all IT communications and office infrastructure systems and services.
- Experience with Office 365, Active Directory, Windows Server 2008 / 2012/2016, as well as operating system support of Windows 7/10 and Intune.
- Network administration, including DNS, VPNs, Firewalls,
- Able to demonstrate interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Solid process discipline and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and resilient attitude with a high level of self-motivation.
- Solid problem-solving ability.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to work effectively under pressure.
- Experience with cloud services and
- ITIL certification / framework
- Mac OS X & Linux experience.
- Experience with SharePoint administration, Azure Endpoint Manager and Exchange Manager
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our real-time workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.
What we offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit. We actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging and, above all, a rewarding place to develop your career.
Please submit your cv highlighting your experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org