Getting it right – greater control through improved visibility
Relying on paperwork to monitor and manage daily operations in service businesses can create potentially dangerous blind spots. However, rapid technology evolution presents businesses with greater visibility and control than ever before.
The advent of cloud computing, mobile devices and internet enabled sensors has enabled us to rise to this challenge in a way that wasn’t possible previously. We now have a new generation of technology that is able to reach into service operations and sweep away these last holdouts for any old paper-based management system.
So how come – when business applications are widespread – this situation persists? The answer is that it’s difficult – getting it right involves the right combination of:
- Ease of use for staff members and managers who want to work without being slowed down
- Speed to deploy and pay back – without long implementation projects
- Flexibility so solutions can change and grow – without having to wait for an IT project
- Mobility – so teams can enter and use data where they are working
- Power – to combine and analyse millions of data points and store them reliably and safely in your management system
- Price – all the above at the right cost and without lots of hidden extras
Checkit is at the forefront of this trend and with the launch of our new Operational Insight capability, has created a powerful Real-Time Operations Management Platform that delivers the essential building blocks required:
- Work Management – replacing paper checklists with smart apps that prompt, guide and enforce routine activities
- Automated Monitoring – replacing manual checks with routine, automated monitoring and alerting
- Operational Insight – analysing the millions of checks and readings to create visual dashboards that deliver insight into performance and opportunities for improvement across an organisation of any size
From the ground-level up, the cloud-based management system helps businesses improve productivity, whilst reducing the time traditionally taken up by management admin tasks. Frontline staff use mobile handsets to log in daily tasks, with the results recorded in the cloud. Supervisors can automatically allocate and schedule work through simple cloud dashboards, and receive notifications of any anomalies in daily performance, enabling any issues to be addressed immediately. At a higher level, managers can view the real-time and historic performance of the sites to gain continual insights and ensure consistency in the standards of service delivered across the business.
“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness”, said American market research innovator Arthur Nielsen several decades ago. His words still hold true today.
Having easy access to essential business information enables better decision-making and quick responses. In a changing industry, the businesses that are able to draw on their performance data are better positioned to leverage new opportunities, protect the existing business and prepare for future challenges.
Download our eBook about contract catering and restaurants operations and find how to eliminate these blind spots.
Find out more about Checkit’s Real-Time Operations Management here: www.checkit.net/real-time-operations-management