Technical Solutions Consultant
Position: Technical Solutions Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Customer Experience
Checkit is recruiting for a Technical Solutions Consultant to join our busy and rapidly expanding service department. This is a varied role working on Cloud based systems and IoT, involving remote diagnostics, client support, installing the system, technical training/consultancy, and proactively maintaining the customer base.
It is essential that you have strong communication skills, strong team-working skills, possess a flexible positive attitude, and have proactive problem solving skills.
The successful candidates will be comfortable at relaying technical knowledge on to a customer, both over the phone and in-person, and will have a strong attention to detail.
You will display professional behaviours in and out of work, be loyal and committed to the business and have the ability to support other colleagues and their areas, ensuring best practice for the business. You will be able to work in a very fast paced environment and remain organised at all times and possess a warm, friendly and engaging personality.
Previous experience in a technical, customer-facing role would be advantageous.
Purpose of the Role and Main Duties:
- Maintain and develop customer relations, continuing the excellent service provided to our existing customers and demonstrate this level of service to potential customers.
- Give customer training presentations.
- Actively phone/meet customers to ensure they are maximising the benefit of the service, upselling where the opportunity arises.
- To deal efficiently with all customer queries in a timely manner.
- To take a lead role in configuring the Cloud account for customers, following the high standards set by Checkit.
- Conduct site surveys and attend technical meetings.
- Complete on-site customer installations.
- Report faults and design issues to the Head of Customer Experience/Technical department as required.
Essential Skills / Experience Required:
- Willingness to learn the technical aspects of a wireless temperature monitoring and cloud-based IoT system.
- Ability to deliver customer training presentations to a large group of people.
- Proficiency with Excel and Outlook essential.
- Customer focused, driven to achieve results, effective communication skills - listening and written, planning and organising, accountability and responsibility.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent communication and administration skills, able to communicate effectively through both oral and written methods.
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willingness to travel.
- Technical knowledge of wireless temperature monitoring and/or cloud-based IoT systems.
- Proven pre-sales experience in an IoT environment.
- Proven experience of working in a field service, repair & calibration environment.
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools.
- Educated to HNC/Degree level.