Software Test Engineer
Position: Software Test Engineer
Reporting to: Test Lead
Checkit is a pioneering end-to-end IoT sensor network aimed at the Hospitality, Pharmaceutical and Catering industries. The technology involved ranges from small embedded ZigBee sensors, Bluetooth sensors, embedded Linux systems and Android handsets, through to Amazon Web Servers running cloud based applications and databases.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, experienced software Automation Test professional who wants to seek out new challenges. The myriad of technologies involved in this role makes this a hugely challenging and rewarding position.
- Writing automated tests for web based and mobile applications across the technology stack.
- Contributing to a fully automated test and continuous delivery system.
- Logging and communicating results of automated tests.
- Maintain and monitor the automated scripts.
- Produce go/no-go assessments of software products for project managers and software team leader.
- Investigate and report bugs to the development team.
- Provide support to Customer Services to assist in diagnosing customer site issues.
- Help with troubleshooting.
- Work with other functions, such as Marketing and Production, to ensure software products meet market and production requirements.
- Executing test cases and plans.
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+years of proven automation testing experience.
- Solid experience in web test development using Protractor, Cucumber, Selenium, NodeJS, Mocha, CircleCI, Docker.
- Knowledge of testing API's and Web services.
- Competency with Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, AWS.
- Experience testing web apps for both desktop and mobile use.
- Good communication skills.
- You will have worked in a commercial Agile (Scrum) environment.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience with performance, scalability, reliability testing preferred.
- Mobile app automation e.g. Android, iOS, Appium.
- Cross-Browser Testing.
- Hold an excellent degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent numerate degree).
- Be a clear, concise communicator.
- Have a flexible approach to tackling tasks.
- Quick learning new skills effectively, on the job.