Sensor Development Engineer
Position: Sensor Development Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Sensor Development Engineer (CheckIt) is responsible for the research, design, development, qualification and integration of new sensors to the CheckIt platform. Primary function is to collaborate with multi-functional teams and vendors for HW/SW design and development, prototyping, and qualification, along with supporting custom solutions.
- Consistent production of quality work for projects according to budgets, quality standards, specifications, time-scales and with little supervision
- Help specify performance and then test new instruments and sensors as they are developed, including design and build of prototypes, as well as qualifying pre-production instruments
- Project Management work, or sub sections of a larger multidisciplinary projects up to 100K
- Will be technical authority on some small-medium projects
- Task instruction and management of junior engineers
- Contribute to sales activities through delivery of good quality work
- Have the ability to assist with interviews and mentor other engineers
- This could also mean occasional travel (Subject to Company guide lines and Government travel Advice).
- Good degree preferably Master’s in Engineering or a physical science with an emphasis on Mechanical or Physics preferred.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Thermal, Optics, MEMS
- Excellent trouble shooting skills for various engineering challenges (HW/SW)
- Will have shown a contribution to sales through definition of technical solution
- Will have shown the ability to work autonomously and supervise others
- Statistical data analysis capability
- 2D/3D CAD design and tolerance stack-up analysis
- Prototype/Bench test setup experience
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Excellent organisation and planning skills of self and others
- Effective and impressive presentation skills internally and externally
- Project management skills (planning, monitoring, controlling and delegation)
- Competence in technical documentation (e.g. Develop small scale system or help with development on large scale system, requirement spec, acceptance test spec)
- Commercial awareness of market areas relevant to technical area
- Up to date knowledge of latest developments within field
- Previous experience with designing sensors or sensor implementation is highly desirable.