Senior Network Engineer
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Start date: Jan 2020
An opportunity has arisen for a professional, knowledgeable and experienced network engineer to work on various network services. You will be supporting the technical manager in various activities associated with the administration, development and maintenance of the company’s IT and communications infrastructure. The breadth of technologies involved in this role makes this a hugely challenging and rewarding position.
We look for great talent that thrives on challenging projects. You’ll be working with high calibre teams in a collaborative, friendly and supportive team environment. We are an advanced / mature user of AWS services, and you could be working on platform capabilities and product features using the best mix of cloud services and new development. You'll be exposed to a wide variety of technologies and features and have the opportunity to make a significant impact.
The Checkit solution provides organisations with real-time operations management - making processes smart, safe and efficient, using a pioneering combination of IoT, Cloud, Apps and Data Analytics. Our industry approved work management and automated monitoring solutions replace traditional paper based systems by utilising cloud technologies, low power wireless networks, smart handsets, Bluetooth and embedded Linux devices to carry out large numbers of routine tasks over multiple sites and locations.
We have 175 people, £12m revenues and we’re growing fast, with ambitious plans for new product development and global expansion. It’s an exciting product, with a startup atmosphere with excellent backing. Life at Checkit is fast moving - keeping pace with marketing requirements and new technologies as they become available.
- Identifying customers’ needs with respect to IT communications systems and services.
- Building and maintaining databases and networks across office, data centre and cloud environments.
- Configuring and installing network hardware and software.
- Updating and maintaining IT policies.
- Monitoring network and IT infrastructure performance across company estate.
- Coaching team members in computer networking and security.
- Updating the master project development plan.
- Identifying potential IT system issues, remaining virus free, keeping relevant personnel updated.
- Taking responsibility for the setup, configuration and maintenance of company production servers.
- Maintaining production databases in line with data confidentiality integrity and availability.
- Adhering to the company’s standard quality statements and procedures.
- Producing professional documentation and reports in both paper and electronic formats.
- Communicating with internal and external customers to identify and resolve their IT issues.
- Safeguarding company IT equipment
- Handling all the personal information in accordance with the company’s confidentiality statement and policies.
Required experience, skills and knowledge
- Active CCNP certification.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP.
- VOIP knowledge and experience.
- Experience with network monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Experience with firewall technologies and VPN.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders.
- Experience working with ISO27001 standards.
Additional skills that would be advantageous
- Industry recognised security certifications.
- Database administration skills and experience.
- Experience within AWS VPC.
- Apache and Linux configuration.
What We Offer
- Single page applications frameworks such as AngularJS or React.
- No-SQL databases e.g. MongoDB.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Scripting in Bash or Python.
- Use of a project management tool such as Jira.
- Web protocols such as MQTT or HTTP(S).
- Cloud-based development through AWS or equivalent.
- Infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or Serverless.
Required qualifications and skills:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Modern, open-plan offices
- Free parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Standard working hours are 09:00 to 17:30 with one-hour lunch
- Life assurance from day one
- Income protection
If this sounds like a job you’d like and you’ve got what we’re looking for, please apply. If you’d like to know more before applying, please contact our HR department at Checkit: email@example.com