Position: Product Manager
We are an innovative Cambridge based company, combining Cloud, Mobile Workflow and IoT to create innovative services for businesses. We are looking for a dynamic and customer-focused Product Manager to join our team.
As Product Manager, you are the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organisational functions. You will guide a product team that is charged with a product’s contribution to our business, building new products and increasing the productivity of existing products. You should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality through practical steps. You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems, and finding innovative solutions for the broader market. Communications skills are key to success in this role. You will work with a development counterpart to define product release requirements. You will also serve as the internal evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers. In short, you must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company.
Product Management experience of 6+ years of in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 2+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- First degree in Computer Science or equivalent with MBA/MIS or equivalent desirable
- A successful track record building and launching products and features for B2B cloud-based services and delivering projects.
- The ability to use a deep understanding of customer needs and drivers, technology development, the competitive landscape and exploiting emerging trends and industry best practices to identify and define services direction, requirements and gaps.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles, including managing and grooming features and stories for the designated feature team
- Self-directed with the ability to drive projects to successful outcomes within fast-paced growing business
- Cloud and App Product experience
- Evidence of Product Management training such as Pivotal Product Management or Pragmatic Marketing
- An excellent communicator with strong writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive.
- Business Analyst skills
- Experience with IoT services
- Experience with Workflow software
- International experience
The successful candidate must:
- Be a team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments
- Demonstrate a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organisation in a highly fluid environment.
- Have the ability to influence/sell ideas and present alternatives in a convincing fashion to a mixed audience, from peers to executives.