Position: Head of Quality & Compliance
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Checkit’s real-time operations management software makes organisations smart, safe and efficient. Our products use Internet of Things (IoT), mobile and cloud technologies to ensure our customers get the best out of their mobile teams, processes and buildings. Checkit users operate in many sectors including retail, hospitality, healthcare, real estate management and manufacturing. Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK with its operations centre in Fleet, UK and a sales and service office in California, USA.
Purpose of Role
The Head of Quality and compliance will provide quality control service, covering:
- Establish, maintain and improve quality management system and processes, in conjunction with maintaining a certified integrated business management system, in accordance to OHSAS18001, ISO9001, ISO14001, IS017025, ISO27001 and Agile methodology.
- Health and safety, environmental, office
- Regulatory compliance in regards all quality systems
- Systems leadership and continual improvement for the company
- Role to have a quality control and system focus
- Analysing and reducing customer feedback on Zendesk and perception survey responses
- Developing a customer focussed business and culture, with continual improvement plans and key performance indicators, covering quality, health and safety, environmental, security based on risk management and major incident activities, utilising best practice in all environments
- Champion key improvement projects
- Provide mentoring, coaching and training in quality, health & safety, environment and compliance
- Occupational Health and Safety monitoring, reporting, risk assessments, incidents and internal audits across sites.
- Governance and development of the quality objectives and key performance indicators
- Governance and development of the quality training programmes
- Attend and present quality KPI’s at the Checkit Board meetings
- Being responsible for the continuation of employee systems induction, it’s ongoing improvement and regular update, including but not limited to site induction, H&S training requirements, on-line H&S courses and any other services
- Hosting surveillance audits
These are the main functions of the role; however, the selected role holder may be required to carry out other, ad hoc duties, as may be reasonably required.
- An excellent and enthusiastic leader, with excellent communication, strategic planning, problem solving, coaching, decision making and influencing skills acquired within in a technical community.
- Must have a good understanding of sound business practices and management systems in accordance with ISO9000, ISO14001 and ISO27001 or equivalent, in a medium sized technology related enterprise.
- Effective resolution of customer and business issues, incidents and emergencies in a relevant industry, using a variety of problem solving and improvement techniques.
- Previous experience leading quality and compliance department for a global industry is desired.
- Understanding service best practises including methodologies, procedures and tools.
Qualifications and Experience
- An excellent team player and leader.
- A qualified lead assessor for ISO9000, ISO14001, ISO27001 and ISO45001.
- A passion for quality and change management and with the appropriate mind set
- A good understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile
- Proficient in implementing quality data systems, KPI’S & scorecards including for software development environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Health and Safety Management or Environmental Management (or equivalent) or a related discipline.
- NEBOSH (General Practitioner) or IOSH qualified or equivalent.
- UK car driving licence
- Current and valid passport
- A high level of influencing, communication, change management, project management, training and coaching skills
- Ability of analysis and implement solutions to complex multi-dimensional customer and business issues and or a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Knowledge of the performance excellence models.
- Member of the Charted Quality Institute CQI