Position: Head of DevOps
Reporting to: CTO
Our Checkit product combines an Internet of Things (IoT) sensor network, together with a work Management solution, all managed through a leading-edge AWS Cloud platform. Our industry approved work management and automated monitoring solutions replace traditional paper based systems by utilising cloud technologies, low power wireless networks, smart handsets, Bluetooth and embedded Linux devices to carry out large numbers of routine tasks over multiple sites and locations.
We have a world-class team at our Cambridge office and this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join them, in a key development role working to progress the Checkit cloud infrastructure as our products evolve. Working in an agile environment this role will be focused on developing the cloud infrastructure, making best use of AWS services, and supporting the software development process of web application, embedded and mobile teams.
You will need an automate-everything attitude.
- Manage the day to day running of the DevOps team
- Distribute and prioritise work for the team
- Monthly reporting for senior managers
- Provide Technical support and architecture advice for internal technical teams
- Develop, maintain and support production infrastructure and software systems.
- Stay up to date with security best practices and Integrate security at every level of the stack
- Investigate new technology and solutions as needed.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Proven track record of dealing with a team
- Experience of working in an agile environment using Scrum and/or Kanban
- A keen interest in DevOps methodologies, software architecture and cloud computing
- Passion for developing scalable, performant architecture & software.
- Be very well organised with the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to identify and prioritise work and provide creative solutions to problems.
Technical - essential experience/skills
- Containers (Docker).
- Experience with one of the following languages: python, node.js or Go.
- Amazon Web Services
- Networking: AWS VPCs, subnet, route tables, security groups, NACLs
- EC2, ALB, Auto Scaling Groups, Route53
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- AWS recommended good practices
- Infrastructure as code using tools/services like CloudFormation, Terraform or serverless.
Technical - desirable
- AWS ECS / Fargate
- AWS Aurora. Redshift
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Supportive and reliable team leader, who can manage and mentor more junior team
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak fluent
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Relevant recent AWS accreditations