Position: DevOps Engineer
Reporting to: DevOps Team Lead
Our Checkit product is a pioneering end-to-end Internet of Things (IoT) sensor network aimed at the Hospitality, Pharmaceutical and Catering industries. Our industry approved work management and automated monitoring solutions replace traditional paper based systems by utilising cloud technologies, low power wireless networks, smart handsets, Bluetooth and embedded Linux devices to carry out large numbers of routine tasks over multiple sites and locations.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and experienced DevOps Engineer to take up a key development role working to improve the Checkit cloud infrastructure. Working in an agile environment as part of the cloud platform team this role will be focused on developing the cloud infrastructure and supporting the software development process of web application, embedded and mobile teams.
- Develop, maintain and support production infrastructure and software systems.
- Stay up to date with security best practices and Integrate security at every level of the stack
- Investigate new technology and solutions as needed.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of working in an agile environment using Scrum and/or Kanban
- A keen interest in DevOps methodologies, software architecture and cloud computing
- Passion for developing scalable, performant architecture & software.
- Be well organised with the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to identify and prioritise work and provide creative solutions to problems.
- Experience working with multiple AWS products including - EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Up to date knowledge of Docker or other container technology.
- Experience building continuous integration pipelines (Jenkins, Circle-CI, Gitlab)
- Configuration management with at least one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Saltstack.
- Experience with logging & monitoring technologies such as Prometheus, Sensu, Logstash (ELK) and Cloudwatch.
- Strong Linux/UNIX and Web Stack Administration
- Database administration ideally on MongoDB
In addition to this, any of the following would be advantageous :
- Provisioning with Cloud Formation or Terraform.
- Knowledge of container orchestration and scheduling technologies (Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Developing database backed applications.
- Deep knowledge of MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Experience with messaging queue technologies (MQTT, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working with public key infrastructure(PKI)
- Knowledge of event driven architecture with AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka.
- Familiarity with service discovery with consul or Zookeeper.
- Any additional languages such as Ruby, Erlang, Go or Clojure.
Personal Qualifications :
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Supportive and reliable team member, who is happy to mentor more junior team members.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Strong interpersonal skills.