Fixed-term 6-month contract
We are looking for a Credit Controller to join our Finance team in Fleet, Hampshire on a 6-month fixed term contract
What will you be doing?
As a Credit Controller, you will be proactively chasing collection targets and assisting customers when making credit card payments. You will also be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the allocated customer accounts, whilst consistently delivering a professional service to customers.
A key skill for this role is the ability to communicate efficiently with internal and external customers on a daily basis and resolve all queries in a prompt and timely manner. The ideal Credit Controller will be capable of taking full ownership of accounts and proactively manage the allocated customers.
Additionally, the Credit Controller will be responsible for chasing debt and interacting with customers on a 1-2-1 basis.
What will you be doing as a Credit Controller?
- Check and regularly review customer’s credit limits and advise operations on the credit terms to offer the customer
- Contact customer’s Accounts Payable, by both telephone and email, prior to due date to ensure invoices have been processed and approved, to ensure payment before or on the due date
- Maintain accurate records for all customers and of all chasing activity
- Regularly contact with customer to ensure all relevant debt queries are resolved as quickly as possible, escalating appropriate queries to operations
- Daily banking (cheques) and allocation of customer payments (BACS/cheques/credit card)
- Send monthly customer statements
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert bad debt
- Provide reporting to management
- Develop, in liaison with the Financial Controller, a company credit control policy
- Implement the company’s debt collection process, which will include informing operations to cease providing services and initiate legal proceedings.
- Assist with other finance duties, as instructed by FC.
You should apply for the role of Credit Controller if you have…
- Experience of working in a Credit Control team is essential. Previous experience working with customers based in the NHS is advantageous.
- Excellent teamwork prioritisation and written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to organise and prioritisation own workload
- Open minded to a changing environment and ability to respond quickly
- A good level of IT literacy and experience of Microsoft Office
- Ability to take a proactive and accountable approach, identifying problems and recommend solutions.
- Discretion and ability to work with confidential information
The Checkit solution provides organisations with real-time operations management - making processes smart, safe and efficient, using a pioneering combination of IoT, Cloud, Apps and Data Analytics. Our industry approved work management and automated monitoring solutions replace traditional paper-based systems by utilising cloud technologies, low power wireless networks, smart handsets, Bluetooth and embedded Linux devices to carry out large numbers of routine tasks over multiple sites and locations.
We have 175 people, £12m revenues and we’re growing fast, with ambitious plans for new product development and global expansion. It’s an exciting product, with a start-up atmosphere with excellent backing. Life at Checkit is fast moving - keeping pace with marketing requirements and new technologies as they become available.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus benefits package
- 24 days holiday + B/H (pro-rata)
- Free tea and coffee
- Recommend a Friend recruitment scheme
- Social Activities
- Onsite parking
- Convenient access to Fleet town centre and transport links
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.