Location: Fleet / home working / customer sites
The Small Works Manager role ensures delivery and management of small contract orders up to £15k each in size (small works / projects). The role is responsible for ensuring that all small works are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standards of the business and our customer expectations. When required, this role would also include an element of self-delivery for works that need the technical or seniority of this position to allow for completion and handover. This role reports directly into the Head of Engineering.
- Attending customer sites to assess additional small works required.
- Pricing small works projects up to £15k.
- Providing the customer with written reports detailing works to be carried out.
- Obtaining customer signatures and raising POs prior to carrying out works.
- Providing assistance to operational support to ensure invoices are paid.
- Customer development and relationship building.
- Customer retention and repeat orders – help maintain the small works order book.
- Planning of resource – ensure efficiency of labour resource and correct staffing levels.
- Support engineer labour forecasting on a weekly basis as per the agreed timescales and dates.
- Order book growth – promote engineer field quotations and support customer growth.
- Providing technical help where necessary.
- Developing excellent customer relationships to consistently improve the service and contribute to their understanding of the equipment.
- Ensure stock is ordered on time to fulfil small works projects.
- Efficiently manage time and programme of small works completed in the timescales agreed with the customer.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
You will be a highly skilled, commercially aware Small Works Manager who is committed to producing a high standard of work. You will be passionate about consistently delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Strong engineering background with a minimum of 5 years as a BEMS Engineer.
- Customer focused.
- C & G level 2 upwards or equivalent electrical qualifications.
- Solid experience of TREND IQ4, IQ3 hardware, networks and or Tridium control platforms.
- Able to demonstrate strong diagnostic skills on control problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to motivate and influence at all levels.
- The confidence to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO27001, ISO17025 and ISO 15189.
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our real-time workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today, Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.
What we offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit. We actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging and, above all, a rewarding place to develop your career.
Please submit your cv highlighting your experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org