We are expanding our software development team and seeking an ambitious and experienced senior web / cloud engineer. The breadth of technologies involved in this role makes it a complex and challenging environment but also presents a great learning opportunity.
We look for great talent that thrives working on challenging projects. You’ll be working with high calibre teams in a collaborative, friendly and supportive team environment. We are an advanced user of AWS services. You’ll be working on platform capabilities and product features using the best mix of cloud services and new development.
You’ll be exposed to a wide variety of technologies and features and have the opportunity to make a significant impact. You can learn multiple technologies including IoT devices (linux based and android based), cloud environments, web ui (both angular and react) and multiple databases (dynamo, mongo and postgres). You will also collaborate with teams working on our Android and iOS Apps, and data pipelines.
- Designing and developing high quality, testable software in cloud applications
- Working with product management and UI designers to implement new features with a highly usable and consistent look-and-feel
- Contributing to the architecture of our applications
- Debugging applications to support our customer service team in the field
- Ensuring that software is delivered to a high standard and rigorously tested
We are looking for someone who is used to working in a team environment in close cooperation with DevOps, Marketing and Product Management. Someone with strong interpersonal skills, good commercial awareness and a desire to deliver an outstanding experience for our customers.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with front-end technologies such as HTML and CSS
- Proficient with code versioning tools such as GIT
- Experience of developing and working with RESTful microservices
- RDBMS skills
- Experienced with implementing unit/ integration/ component/ performance testing
- Agile software development using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Single page applications frameworks such as AngularJS or React
- No-SQL databases e.g. MongoDB
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Scripting in Bash or Python
- Use of a project management tool such as Jira
- Web protocols such as MQTT
- Cloud-based development through AWS or equivalent
- Infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or Serverless
- Fluency in another language (preferably Dutch, German, French, Spanish)
The Checkit solution provides organisations with connected solutions to optimize performance – making processes smart, safe and efficient. using a pioneering combination of IoT, Cloud, Apps and Data Analytics. Our industry approved Connected Workflow Management and Connected Automated Monitoring solutions replace traditional paper and spreadsheets by utilising cloud technologies, low power wireless networks, smart handsets, Bluetooth and embedded Linux devices to carry out large numbers of routine tasks over multiple sites and locations.
We have 175 people, £12m revenues and we’re growing fast, with ambitious plans for new product development and global expansion. It’s an exciting product, with a startup atmosphere with excellent backing. Life at Checkit is fast moving – keeping pace with marketing requirements and new technologies as they become available.
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life cover, medical insurance and a chance to join a share option scheme.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit – we actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging, and above all, a rewarding place to develop your career. If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and gravitas for such a pivotal role, then we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV highlighting your experience, to: https://www.checkit.net/about/careers/