- RDBMS skills
- Experienced with implementing unit/integration/component/performance testing
- Single page applications frameworks such as AngularJS or React
- Experience of developing and working with RESTful microservices
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- No-SQL databases e.g. MongoDB
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Scripting in Bash or Python
- Cloud-based development through AWS or equivalent
- Infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or Serverless
- Fluency in another language (preferably German, French or Spanish)
We look for great talent that thrives on challenging projects. You’ll be working with high-calibre teams in a collaborative, friendly and supportive team environment. We are an advanced user of AWS services. You’ll be working on platform capabilities and product features using the best mix of cloud services and new development.
You’ll be exposed to a wide variety of technologies and features and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact. You can learn multiple technologies including IoT devices (based on both Linux and Android), cloud environments, web UI (both angular and react) and multiple databases (Dynamo, Mongo and Postgres). You will also collaborate with teams working on our Android and iOS Apps, and data pipelines.
- Designing and developing high quality, testable software in cloud applications
- Working with product management and UI designers to implement new features with a highly usable and consistent look-and-feel
- Contributing to the architecture of our applications
- Debugging applications to support our customer service team in the field
- Ensuring that software is delivered to a high standard and rigorously tested
We are looking for someone who is used to working in a team environment in close cooperation with DevOps, Marketing and Product Management. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, good commercial awareness and a desire to deliver an outstanding experience for our customers.
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life cover, medical insurance and a chance to join a share option scheme.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit and we actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving, challenging and, above all, a rewarding place to develop your career. If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and gravitas for such a pivotal role, then we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV, highlighting your experience, to: email@example.com