Product Managers act as the owners of one or more elements of the Checkit product portfolio – SaaS, hardware and services. They are responsible for ensuring that our products deliver the best possible value for the whole organisation by guiding development and launch, monitoring and championing use in life and managing end-of-life. The role requires the holder to act as a leader based on a deep understanding of customer needs, the products, development processes and how our sales and solutions processes work. Crucially, it also requires clear communication and coordination across functions and colleagues. The role reports to the Chief Product Officer (CPO). The role holder will be responsible for the elements of the portfolio as agreed with the CPO that may change over time.
Owning product development
- Own the roadmap and backlog, taking into account customer input, product strategy, value propositions, competitor analysis and internal operational requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the data available within the Checkit product range and the extended data that can be captured through sector specific configurations and identify commercial benefits that can be derived from that data.
- Work closely with Data Engineers, BI Analysts and Product Managers across the business to devise and specify data / machine Learning solutions and ensure they are well scoped.
- Own and prioritise the roadmap to deliver value in short and longer term.
- Serve as an evangelist for the exploitation of data / machine learning within Checkit and in industry forums.
- Maintain product release plans in our chosen tool (currently Aha).
- Build requirements for new developments and versions (MRD / PRD for hardware), functional requirements and use cases for agile software development processes.
- Work across functions to develop justifications and gain approval for investment decisions as required (PET process).
- Serve as Product Owner during development process, providing feedback to the team, making decisions, setting priorities and performing hands-on tests.
- Managing releases, approving on the basis of quality and functionality, and authorising release to the customer base in a controlled fashion in conjunction with Customer Success, Account Management and Customer Support.
- Run beta programmes, where required, and act on the results.
- Deliver product and feature documentation.
Communicating and coordinating product knowledge to maximise impact
- Ensure product launches and updates are incorporated into Product Marketing and Customer Success communications plans.
- Ensuring plans are incorporated in sales roadmaps as appropriate.
- Training sales and presales teams on key features and benefits
- Training Operations teams and specialists (support, field engineers, production) as appropriate.
- Enabling partners with appropriate tools and knowledge.
Acting as the product owner in-life, acting as a source of knowledge and insight
- Triaging support issues and, where necessary, agreeing updates to processes, help material or product fixes.
- Act as a product expert to support sales opportunities and complex RFPs.
- Analysing performance, usage and profitability, using the results to feed back into lifecycle decisions.
- Planning and implementing end-of-life strategies.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
You will be a strategic thinker with a curious and inquisitive nature and an analytical mind. Through good listening, influencing skills and collaboration you will define and drive the whole life cycle and success of a product.
- Data and commercially-savvy product owner with previous experience in a dynamic business.
- Graduated in a technical / scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- Good data analysis skills preferred – e.g. using Excel, Python, SQL.
- Experience of putting data at the heart of a strategy and driving strong ROI based on data led decision-making.
- Experience of designing and project managing complex data projects.
- Experience in a data-focused or technical role and able to talk confidently with data & machine learning engineers.
- Interested in Machine Learning and Data Science.
- Good communication skills and able to interact with stakeholders at all levels from Directors and Product Managers to Data Engineers and Data Scientists.
- • Experience writing ‘good enough’ requirements – in either Epic/User Story format or lightweight BRD.
- • Flexibility to work with a range of stakeholders with differing processes and align roadmaps to deliver value for the business and our customers.
- • Organised and focused with a proactive can-do approach.
- • Can learn quickly about complex business processes and systems.
- • Experience of Agile processes and capable of a pragmatic approach to delivery
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our real-time workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today, Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.
What we offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit. We actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging and, above all, a rewarding place to develop your career.
Please submit your cv highlighting your experience, to: email@example.com