Location: Fleet / Cambridge
This person will be responsible for ensuring Checkit products deliver the most value possible for the whole organisation by guiding development and launch, monitoring and championing use in life and managing end of life. The role acts as the owner of one or more elements of the Checkit Product portfolio – SaaS, hardware and services. The role reports to the Chief Product Officer (CPO).
This role has responsibilities across the product lifecycle. Duties will include the following, with the emphasis at any time to be agreed with the CPO.
Owning product development
- Own the roadmap and backlog, considering customer input, product strategy, value propositions, competitor analysis and internal operational requirements.
- Maintain product release plans in our chosen tool (currently Aha)
- Build requirements for new developments and versions (MRD / PRD) for hardware, functional requirements and use cases for agile software development processes.
- Work across functions to develop justifications and gain approval for investment decisions as required (PET process).
- Act as Product Owner during dev process, providing feedback to the team, making decisions, and setting priorities and performing hands on tests.
- Manage releases, approval based on quality and functionality. Authorise release to the customer base in a controlled fashion in conjunction with Customer Success, Account Management and Customer Support.
- Run beta programmes as required and act on the results.
- Delivering product and feature documentation.
Communication and coordination of product knowledge to maximise impact
- Ensure product launches and updates are incorporated into Product Marketing and Customer Success communications plans.
- Manage plans to ensure they are incorporated in sales roadmaps as appropriate.
- Train sales, and presales on key features and benefits.
- Train Operations teams and specialists (support, field engineers, production) as appropriate.
- Enable partners with appropriate tools and knowledge.
Act as the product owner in-life, act as a source of knowledge and insight
- Triage support issues and, where necessary, agree updates to processes, help material or product fixes.
- Act as a product expert to support sales opportunities and develop complex RFPs.
- Analyse performance, usage and profitability, use the results to feed back into lifecycle decisions.
- Plan and implement end-of-life strategies.
Specific Product Focus
- Product management for
- CAM Sensor hardware and network.
- CAM+ sensor network hardware.
- CAM(+) partner enablement.
- Initial responsibilities
- Global partner enablement to install and support CAM (eg, in New Zealand) (priority 1).
- Manage launch of next generation sealed and hot hold sensors, including calibration and reuse.
- Develop UKAS calibration for CAM sensors.
- End-to-end product management to extend CAM range to support sensing capabilities currently delivered by CAM+.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
- Perform duties in connection with UKAS calibration service and ensure handover of operations duties as agreed.
You will be a strategic thinker with a curious and inquisitive nature and an analytical mind. Through good listening, influencing skills and collaboration you will define and drive the whole lifecycle and success of a product.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid Cloud/IoT technology understanding with the ability to simplify the complex.
- Excellent planning skills and attention to detail.
- Proven experience / ability to translate customer needs into efficient, scalable solutions.
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity.
- Experience of automated monitoring software solutions and related technologies (IoT).
- Exposure to Product Lifecycle Management and stage gate tools and processes.
- International business experience.
- Fluency in another language (preferably Dutch, German, French or Spanish).
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our real-time workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.
What We Offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit – we actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging, and above all, a rewarding place to develop your career.
Please submit your cv highlighting your experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org