Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Our dynamic and forward-thinking company is looking for a permanent, full-time IT Support Engineer to join us. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the IT Support Engineer will act as technical lead and form part of a small in-house team to maintain all IT communications and office infrastructure systems and services. This includes all software and cloud-based services used by the Group, servers, desktops and all other IT equipment as well as all telecommunications systems and equipment.
- Network Administration, including DNS, VPNs, Firewalls
- Office 365
- SharePoint administration
- IT Systems Performance Monitoring
- IT projects
- Maintenance of the Horizon telephone system
- Identifying and resolving and maintaining security issues, ensuring business continuity requirements/disaster recovery capability
- Procuring IT hardware, software, appropriate licences, and maintenance agreements, as directed
- Monitoring costs in relation to budget/forecasted expenditure
- Involvement with IT Key Skills
- Liaising and contracting with third party infrastructure support companies including suppliers & telecoms providers.
The successful applicant will be someone who is a self-motivated, methodical, and goal-oriented, who can adapt to changing priorities, with solid experience supporting and maintaining all IT communications and office infrastructure systems and services. In return, you will get a great opportunity to gain first-class experience in a commercial and legal environment.
- Network Administration, including DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, VMware
- Systems architecture mapping and change planning
- IT Project Management and process mapping
- Experience with Office 365, Active Directory, Windows Server 2008 / 2012/2016, as well as operating system support of Windows 7 and 10, Intune administration
- Proven ability to use a degree of self-management, good levels of initiative and willingness to take on responsibility
- Flexible according to company needs, with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and remain calm under pressure
- Proven ability to communicate positively and effectively, both verbally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to identify best practice
- Experience with cloud services and virtualisation
- ITIL certification / framework experience
- Linux & Mac OS X experience will be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience with SharePoint administration, Azure
Checkit’s connected solutions optimize performance by making organisations smart, safe and efficient. Our products use Internet of Things (IoT), mobile and cloud technologies to ensure our customers get the best out of their teams, processes and buildings.
Checkit users operate in many sectors including retail, hospitality, healthcare, real estate management and manufacturing.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK.
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover. Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit – we actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging, and above all, a rewarding place to develop your career. If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and gravitas for such a pivotal role, then we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV, highlighting your experience, to email@example.com