We are looking for a Data Architect to join our Data team. This roles involves working with our engineering teams and other architects to design and implement a modern cloud data architecture so that we can deliver value at scale through our BI suite to our users.
This role reports to the Head of Data.
- Identify fit for purpose cloud data architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs and objectives of the company.
- Design and implement performant, secure & robust data pipelines, Data Lake and Data Warehousing.
- Design advanced conceptual, logical and physical data organizations, models, repositories, & dashboards
- Plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Work closely with the software engineering team adhering to Agile best practice.
- Evangelise the data team/platform across the wider business so that everyone can get the data that they need.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
- Leverage information security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of data.
You will have proven experience of Data Architecture and will be comfortable with the ingestion and underlying data transformations needed for unstructured and structured data and how this can be best designed for the BI needs of the users. You will enjoy being involved in all stages of engineering, from initial design, through to working with engineering teams for delivery in an agile environment.
- Strong Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL/ELT data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models using cloud technologies such as AWS Redshift and Snowflake
- Solid understanding of data governance principles including, but not limited to Master Data Management, Data Lineage and Data Security
- Hands on Development background with experience in SQL and Python
- Understand established data management and reporting technologies and tools, and have strong knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in Big Data solutions in the data analytics technology landscape.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- A passion for working with technology.
- Exposure to predictive analytics
- Experience working on transformational project in Data.
Checkit is a leading provider of intelligent operations technology, empowering our customers to optimise performance everywhere, from people on the frontlines to critical assets and buildings.
Our combination of cloud based services and IOT are used in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property, and we're growing fast. With a solid footprint in the UK and US, we're expanding into more countries throughout Europe and beyond.
As an evolving business we know how much everyone's preferences and lives vary from person to person, and that's why we offer remote as well as flexible working, so that people can be successful in all aspects of their lives.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK, we offer a competitive package, and a very friendly bunch of people to work with.
What We Offer
What we can offer you?
The chance to work in a scale-up environment offering many growth opportunities and challenges... in how we organise, what we build and how we build it.
An emerging, relevant sector (OpsTech) and the opportunity to disrupt / challenge the norms of operations, and work with some incredible customers.
A remote-first environment, with flexibility to help you be as productive as possible and support you in all the challenges life can create.
Working within a cross-functional, self-organising team with autonomy around how you work in order to best solve problems.
- Remote Working
- Personal Insurances including Health Cash Plan, Life Cover, and Income Protection
- Contributary Pension Scheme
- Employee Share options scheme