Business Data Analyst
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our data team. This role involves working closely with stakeholders from across the business to gather requirements, perform analysis and deliver value through our data and BI platform.
Working as part of a cross-functional team, the successful candidate will play a key role in delivery; understanding and refining incoming demand to support alignment and delivery. They will work collaboratively with Product Owners, Business Stakeholders and other engineering team members defining and supporting analysis activities pivotal to the health of the team’s Backlog and Roadmap.
This role reports into the Head of Data.
- Connecting with key business partners and Product & Platform Owners to agree and document detailed design and acceptance criteria for both functional and non-functional requirements and project deliverables.
- Leading requirements gathering for, discussion of, decisions on, and implementation of new features.
- Write and document both functional and non-functional requirements ensuring that the work meets the engineering teams ‘definition of ready’.
- Work closely with the software engineering teams adhering to Agile best practice.
- Manage team backlog, prioritizing tickets and explaining new requirements during team ceremonies
- Focus efforts on delivery of the highest priority stories and tasks identifying dependencies
- Regularly validate the planned work with the Product Manager / Stakeholders to ensure that it is aligned with business needs.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with key stakeholders and business users.
- Evangelise the data team/platform across the wider business so that everyone can get the data that they need in they way they need it.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
You will have proven experience of Business Analysis in the data landscape. Comfortable with both an understanding of the detailed data requirements and the Visual design & needs of the users. Through good listening skills, influencing skills and collaboration you will define and drive the software delivery life cycle and success of our digital products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements and working with the team to produce high level technical solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Understanding of SQL and Data warehouses, including the ability to run simple queries and understand the types of data structures used in a data warehouse
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and reporting tools. Be comfortable managing a complex, dynamic backlog.
- Experience within Agile Software Development environments as a Business/Functional Analyst including associated tooling (Jira, Confluence
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work both in a team and individually.
- Excellent organisational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines.
- A passion for working with data and technology.
- BA specific qualification such as the BCS diploma in Business Analysis.
- Experience working on transformational project in Data.
- Able to work on smaller BAU tasks as well as larger strategic pieces of work\
Checkit is a leading provider of intelligent operations technology, empowering our customers to optimise performance everywhere, from people on the frontlines to critical assets and buildings.
Our combination of cloud based services and IOT are used in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property, and we're growing fast. With a solid footprint in the UK and US, we're expanding into more countries throughout Europe and beyond.
As an evolving business we know how much everyone's preferences and lives vary from person to person, and that's why we offer remote as well as flexible working, so that people can be successful in all aspects of their lives.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK, we offer a competitive package, and a very friendly bunch of people to work with.
What We Offer
What we can offer you?
The chance to work in a scale-up environment offering many growth opportunities and challenges... in how we organise, what we build and how we build it.
An emerging, relevant sector (OpsTech) and the opportunity to disrupt / challenge the norms of operations, and work with some incredible customers.
A remote-first environment, with flexibility to help you be as productive as possible and support you in all the challenges life can create.
Working within a cross-functional, self-organising team with autonomy around how you work in order to best solve problems.
- Remote Working
- Personal Insurances including Health Cash Plan, Life Cover, and Income Protection
- Contributary Pension Scheme
- Employee Share options scheme