This role will design and deliver data science capability for our SaaS product, to enable our customers to improve their operations delivery, through process, metrics, data and technology. You will work across the Checkit Platform and with leading BI technologies to provide end to end data solutions which empower the end user with data. You will understand a range of database technologies and know how to manipulate data and generate insight and information from them. In addition, you will also use cloud based platforms such as AWS and Azure. We are looking for people with an analytical mind, solution orientation, and the confidence to communicate with a variety of people within the business and with our key Customers.
- Use a range of leading BI tools including Customer and 3rd party data sources to implement new product capability for our Customer base, to track business KPIs and identify key insight
- Developing data pipelines, primarily in Python and AWS Lambda
- Providing systems support for end users
- Monitoring BI apps and data pipelines
- Researching and improving existing apps
- Translating business needs into technical specifications
- Evaluating and improving existing BI systems
- Conducting troubleshooting on BI models
- Generating and delivering quality reports to customers and performing quality assurance checks on reports
- Extensive experience of developing with, and analysing data using Python
- Demonstrable experience in building Data pipelines
- Ability to think and work logically and systematically
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A degree in a mathematically based subject is preferable
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift, PostGres, MongoDB, MySQL
- Exposure and experience with different analysis tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Familiarity and experience with Machine Learning methods and techniques, including predictive analytics and data mining
- Awareness and knowledge of data warehousing strategies and theories
- An understanding of Dimensional modelling in integrated data sets or DWH
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Previous experience of working in an agile environment
Checkit’s real-time operations management SaaS platform makes organisations smart, safe and efficient. Our products use Internet of Things (IoT), mobile and cloud technologies to ensure our customers get the best out of their mobile teams, processes and buildings. Checkit users operate in many sectors including retail, hospitality, healthcare, real estate management and manufacturing. Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK with its operations centre in Fleet, UK.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.