Location: Cambridge or Fleet or Home
Our new Project Manager for BEMS will ensure all project works are planned, organised and completed on time, to budget. This person will be responsible for the preparation of quotations, design drawings, project life cycle management, project delivery, commissioning and successful project handover. The role reports to the Senior Project Manager and is responsible for overseeing field-based engineers on projects.
- Preparation of quotations, design drawings, equipment schedules, installation schematics
- Produce project updates and documentation requirements throughout each stage of the project; allocating to engineers, once a project core design is complete and active.
- Quotation, design, management, delivery, commissioning and final handover of projects assigned by the Senior Project Manager.
- Attend regular meetings with the Senior Project Manager to maintain/update the ‘project managers work related programme/progress’ spreadsheet.
- Ensure the open project structure is maintained and updated throughout the project duration.
- Project related works and documents are fully maintained throughout the duration of the project.
- Complete monthly invoicing/applications with Finance, in line with the sales spreadsheet.
- Supervise field-based engineers in line with the related project and their job specific roles.
- Support the Senior Project Manager to oversee and manage any subcontractor requirements.
- Ensure all completed projects are handed over to service for ongoing support.
- To survey customer sites and provide customer quotations on projects not sold by the sales department.
- To work collaboratively with the sales department to provide technical support on future sales opportunities.
- To ensure projects remain within the cost budget and are delivered to pre-defined time scales.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to
You will have proven experience of delivering projects to a high standard. You will be passionate about delivering high quality services in a timely, effective and commercial manner.
- Able to demonstrate solid project management experience within the same or similar industry.
- Experience leading a field-based engineering team.
- The ability to monitor and control budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to motivate and lead your project team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid problem-solving ability.
- Excellent organisation skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines.
- The confidence to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate successful risk management.
- Ability to effectively communicate to inspire others, set the vision and lead effectively.
- Knowledge of ISO27001, ISO17025 and ISO 15189.
- Fluency in another language (preferably Dutch, German, French or Spanish)
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our real-time workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.
What We Offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit – we actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging, and above all, a rewarding place to develop your career.
Please submit your cv highlighting your experience, to: HR@checkit.net