This role is instrumental in delivering the project package provided by the Project Manager on our customer sites. This role will ensure delivery of project works on site to a high standard. The role has up to eight Project Engineers as direct reports. The role reports into the Head of Engineering, and into the Senior Project Manager for project related activities.
- To manage up to eight Project Engineers. Typical week will be three days on the job and two days supporting your team.
- Ensure your Project Engineers have; a training plan, the right equipment and support to do a great job, quality of work reviewed on site, given feedback on how to improve, and are assessed every six months.
- Undertake all required site commissioning works and allocated specific tasks.
- Assist the project manager with small project management and design related works, to ensure the delivery of the completed project.
- Conduct commissioning, support and final handover of projects supplied and installed, using Trend/Tridium controller technology on building and energy managements systems.
- Produce new, existing or refurbished control systems in readiness for commissioning.
- Modify motor control panels on site, adding contactors, relays, and controller hardware; arrange any modifications required or implement directly.
- Download strategies and carry out full intensive point to point commission of the control systems in place.
- Maintain full documented procedures for commissioning.
- Conduct snag commissioning to strategies and report to applications directly or via the Project Manager for resolution.
- Approve correct operation of plant prior to handover to the client, measured against the project design specification.
- Maintain all drawings and commissioning sheets throughout the project.
- Ensure client support is given throughout the entire project.
- Assist with the mentoring colleagues to improve their skill sets in job specific areas.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
You will be a highly skilled, proactive engineer who is commercially astute. You will be passionate about consistently delivering an excellent customer experience and committed to producing a high standard of work.
- Strong engineering background with a minimum of five years as a BEMS Engineer.
- Passionate about supporting your team.
- Customer focused.
- Industry recognised electrical and or electronic qualifications.
- Experience of installation and service works, preferably in an electrical or technical environment.
- Good IT skills, using software such as MS Word, Excel and web browsing.
- Able to demonstrate strong diagnostic skills and workable resolutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a professional approach to customer service.
- Committed to providing excellent customer care with a genuine desire to help.
- A positive and resilient attitude with a high level of self-motivation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to motivate and influence at all levels.
- The confidence to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Full UK driving license and passport holder.
- Be prepared to work away from home as and when required.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 standards
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our real-time workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today, Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.
What we offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit. We actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging and, above all, a rewarding place to develop your career.
Please submit your cv highlighting your experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org