BEMS Field Service Engineer
This role is key to successful customer installations and the ongoing optimal operation of Checkit BEMS systems and equipment. It is a mixed and varied role, working with remote wireless and Cloud based monitoring systems and IOT.
Responsible for installation, commissioning, calibration and maintenance. This will generally be within a defined radius from home but will from time to time include projects across the UK.
The role reports to the Field Service Manager and works closely with colleagues within our Operations Team, Customer Support Teams and Stores Department.
- Attend customer sites to investigate and rectify faulty control systems, including field wiring, electrical control panels, GUI’s and BMS controllers
- Undertake service and maintenance of control systems on customer sites following detailed service schedules
- Produce thorough written reports of further works required to rectify faulty equipment
- Conduct surveys on existing customer sites to process quotations for additional works
- Provide the customer with written reports detailing works carried out
- Validation on site from customer that works have been concluded satisfactorily
- Develop excellent customer relationships to consistently improve the service and contribute to their understanding of the equipment
- Maintain vehicle stock spares to ensure the correct equipment is accessible
- Deliver correctly labelled faulty equipment to the office
- Efficiently manage time to ensure all fault calls are completed in the timescales provided
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to
- Our team of Service Engineers are responsible for undertaking a variety of small works projects and attending call outs for customer
You will be a highly skilled, commercially aware experienced Engineer who is committed to producing a high standard of work. You will be passionate about consistently delivering an excellent customer experience.
- C & G level 2 upwards or equivalent Electrical qualifications.
- Team and Customer focussed
- Able to demonstrate strong diagnostic skills on control problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to motivate and influence at all levels
- The confidence to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience as a BEMS Engineer
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO27001, ISO17025 and ISO 15189
- Solid experience of TREND IQ4, IQ3 hardware, networks and or Tridium control platforms.
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our real-time workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.