The role ensures all Checkit equipment is serviced and maintained to a high standard on customer sites. Responsible for fault finding control systems and associated commissioning works. The role has up to six Field Engineers as direct reports. The role reports into the Field Service Manager covering customer sites across the UK.
- To manage up to six Feld Engineers. Typical week will be three or four days on the job and one or two days supporting your team.
- Ensure your Field Engineers have: a training plan, the right equipment and support to do a great job, quality of work reviewed on site, given feedback on how to improve, and are assessed every six months.
- Mentor and manage your direct reports to ensure complete paperwork requirements and company processes are adhered to.
- Attend customer sites to investigate and rectify faulty control systems, including field wiring, electrical control panels, GUIs and BMS controllers.
- Undertake service and maintenance of control systems on customer sites following detailed service schedules.
- Produce thorough written reports of further works required to rectify faulty equipment.
- Conduct surveys on existing customer sites to provide quotations for additional works.
- Provide the customer with written reports detailing works carried out.
- Obtain customer signatures on paperwork prior to leaving site.
- Develop excellent customer relationships to consistently improve the service and contribute to their understanding of the equipment.
- Maintain vehicle stock spares to ensure the correct equipment is accessible.
- Deliver correctly labelled faulty equipment to the office.
- Efficiently manage time to ensure all fault calls are completed in the timescales provided.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
You will be a highly skilled, commercially aware Engineer who is committed to producing a high standard of work. You will be passionate about consistently delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Strong engineering background with a minimum of five years as a BEMS Service Engineer.
- Passionate about supporting and developing your team.
- Customer focused.
- C & G level 2 upwards or equivalent Electrical qualifications.
- Solid experience of TREND IQ4, IQ3 hardware, networks and / or Tridium control platforms.
- Able to demonstrate strong diagnostic skills on control problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to motivate and influence at all levels.
- The confidence to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO27001, ISO17025 and ISO 15189.
Checkit optimizes the performance of people, processes and physical assets with connected digital solutions.
Our real-time workflow, monitoring and analytics services enable safe and productive work, efficient operations and data-driven insight to continually improve performance in large, complex organisations.
For over a decade, Checkit has been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Today, Checkit has 58,000 registered users in organisations including the NHS, BP, Waitrose / John Lewis Partnership, Sodexo and Center Parcs. Our technologies generate approximately 6.5bn data points per year from thousands of sensors and digital checks.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK. The company has over 170 employees.
What we offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover.
Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit. We actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging and, above all, a rewarding place to develop your career.
Please submit your cv highlighting your experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org