Location: Field-based (within 40 miles of London)
The BEMS Commissioning Engineer is responsible for taking the project lead on site and commissioning the complete BEMS package, either working alone or with other members of the team. The system design, control panels and field devices are organised in advance by the Project Manager, who will support the Commissioning Engineer for the duration of the project.
The role is field-based and involves interacting with mechanical, electrical and other contractors on site, as well as customers and end users for direct business.
- Validate and commission the BEMS on site and in line with the business method statements and input / output schedules provided.
- Download the control strategies and make modifications where required as part of the commissioning process, document for review on completion.
- Ability to fault find and diagnose problems with control panels, field wiring and control configuration strategies.
- Complete the commissioning documentation during the site commissioning and witnessing process.
- Prove the operation of building services including, but not limited to, heating, chilled water and ventilation plant, prior to handover to the customer and for witnessing to the customer on final completion.
- Ensure all record drawings and project files are maintained during the project and updated on completion for record purposes.
- To make minor control panel modifications, adding relays, contactors, labels and controller IO cards when deemed necessary.
- Communicate regularly and work cross-functionally with other teams.
- To champion Company values and always demonstrate a committed and positive attitude towards change.
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s quality and compliance standards.
You will have a minimum of four years post training experience in the BEMS sector and be passionate about delivering high quality customer service in a timely and effective manner. You will be located within 40 miles of London.
- At least 4 years experience as a BEMS Commissioning Engineer or Service Engineer and a strong engineering background.
- Experience of TREND IQ4, IQ3 hardware, networks and/or Tridium control platforms.
- C&G level 2 or higher electrical qualifications.
- Able to diagnose control problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate, influence and motivate at all levels on site.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to build influential relationships to deliver positive improvement.
- A commitment to working to professional standards and an interest in the success and development of the company.
- The confidence to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Checkit is a leading provider of next-generation cloud-based services. Our solutions connect people, processes and places in real time with a powerful combination of software, hardware and consultancy services that transform how organisations work. We help large, distributed and complex organisations to optimize performance everywhere by enabling more productive, efficient and safe ways of working. Combining IoT with mobile and sensor technologies, we provide detailed data insights that drive better decision-making and continuous improvement.
For over a decade we’ve been working with leaders, operational heads and frontline workers in multiple sectors including retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property.
Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK.
What We Offer
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and medical insurance cover. Continuous professional development is key for all employees at Checkit – we actively encourage our management teams to lead by example. Our Company is professional, evolving and challenging and, above all, a rewarding place to develop your career. Please submit your CV, highlighting your experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org