This role reports to the Mobile Software Team Leader, and is responsible for the development and maintenance of high-quality mobile applications. You will collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, working in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role is responsible for the design and build of the next generation of our mobile application.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code.
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions.
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance.
- Design interfaces to improve user experience.
- Liaise with the product development team to plan new features.
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards.
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols.
- Stay up to date with new technology trends.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality standard (9001) and other compliance standards including Information Security (27001) are continually maintained and adhered to.
You will be passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps. You will enjoy working in a face-paced, fluid environment.
- Proven experience as a Mobile App Developer.
- Demonstrable a portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market.
- In-depth knowledge of the programming languages Swift and Kotlin.
- Experience of developing for both iOS and Android.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Familiarity with OOP design principles.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience of developing for Kotlin multiplatform.
Checkit is a leading provider of intelligent operations technology, empowering our customers to optimise performance everywhere, from people on the frontlines to critical assets and buildings.
Our combination of cloud based services and IOT are used in retail, healthcare, life sciences, facilities management, catering, education, manufacturing, hospitality and commercial property, and we’re growing fast. With a solid footprint in the UK and US, we’re expanding into more countries throughout Europe and beyond.
As an evolving business we know how much everyone’s preferences and lives vary from person to person, and that’s why we offer remote as well as flexible working, so that people can be successful in all aspects of their lives.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with its operations centre in Fleet, UK, we offer a competitive package, and a very friendly bunch of people to work with.
Engineering at Checkit
We’re a diverse group of engineers covering both software and hardware engineering, working in a cross-functional environment, collaborating closely within engineering, and out to the wider business and customers.
Guided by our Values (‘Do the right thing’, ‘Wow the customer’, ‘Think big’, ‘Keep at it’ and ‘Win together’), we empower our teams to solve the problems which will make our customers lives easier and better.
Powered by our company ‘Culture Club’, we focus on aspects key to us such as the Environment – where we’re putting energy into our IOT recycling, our Social side – such as our fantastic Zoom Comedy Club evening, Diversity & Inclusion – which is a key part of our recruitment, and our Employees – where we focus on feedback and continuous improvement in how we feel.
Our technology is always evolving and we’re always looking at better ways to do things, whether it’s Data, Cloud infrastructure, Build pipes or code.
What We Offer
- The chance to work in a scale-up environment offering many growth opportunities and challenges… in how we organise, what we build and how we build it.
- An emerging, relevant sector (OpsTech) and the opportunity to disrupt / challenge the norms of operations, and work with some incredible customers.
- A remote-first environment, with flexibility to help you be as productive as possible and support you in all the challenges life can create.
- Working within a cross-functional, self-organising team with autonomy around how you work in order to best solve problems.
- Remote Working
- Personal Insurances including Health, Life Cover, and Income Protection
- Enhanced Contributary Pension Scheme
- Employee Share options
Please submit your cv highlighting your experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related blog posts
Why it’s time to empower the world’s 2.7bn deskless workers
There are 2.7bn deskless workers who have been denied the digital capabilities afforded to their desk-based counterparts. As we navigate the new world of work, this blog explores why this is a problem that needs to be solved now
Medicine optimisation: How to ensure the best possible patient outcomes
Errors relating to medication carry huge consequences. How can technology support frontline teams in their journey towards medicine optimisation